Written by Nancy Lee, as part of her Social Marketing Sightings theme.
I was encouraged the past 2 weeks to see consistent (well mostly) communications regarding behaviors for citizens to do to prevent, curtail the spread, of the virus. Most media channels (broadcast, emails, social media and more) shared the following messages. In fact, last night, Vice President Pence and our Governor in Washington State shared them at a press conference.
Simply follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) recommendation on preventative measures:
• Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home if you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Unless you feel unwell, the CDC does not recommend wearing a face mask.