The International Social Marketing Association (iSMA) is looking for a Social Media Coordinator volunteer.
The iSMA Communication Committee uses Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin as marketing and communication channels. We are seeking a volunteer to support the Lead Social Media Strategist to:
• Push out activities and announcements from the iSMA organization e.g. (webinars, training opportunities)
• Follow global partner posts and repost
• Advance related social marketing research or complementary activities, meet-ups, webinars
• Advance work from the various SM Associations affiliated with iSMA
• Spotlight social marketing practice
• Spotlight member practice/academics
• Manage scheduling in Hootsuite or other post-scheduling software
• Provided quarterly metrics from social media performance
One of the key goals of iSMA communication dissemination is to drive traffic to the new website as a hub for all current/archived information, and business related to the organization.
The volunteer would be part of a team of about eight social marketers from around the globe, working together to advance the mission of iSMA using a variety of communication channels. The Team meets for an hour monthly via Zoom.
Ideal requirements are as follows:
• A background knowledge or practice in the field of Social Marketing and/or Behavior Change/Economics.
• Any affiliation with global organizations like the United Nations, WHO is a bonus based on the international nature of this organization.
• Content curation and message development for social media practice, writing and editing skills, a desire to contribute to the growing community of Social Marketers
• Adept at identifying partners, academic institutions, and social marketing practitioners from whom to access current content to be shared
Time commitment: approx. 2-3 hours per week.
Benefits to volunteering at iSMA include:
• Interaction with other social marketers, access to some of the leading academics and practitioners in the field
• Learn by doing, advance one’s knowledge base through work with other Social Marketers
• Access to Meet-ups, network opportunities with social marketers, to learn about job opportunities and partnership opportunities
• Access to further training in Social Marketing
• Discounts on registration to a variety of Social Marketing Conferences
• Access to iSMA webinars on best practice (global scale)
• Contribute to the promotion of the field of Social Marketing
Application deadline: October 15, 2021
Starts in: November 2021
Thank you for your interest!