On 27 March 2015, the Queensland Parliament (Australia) referred an inquiry into Personal Health Promotion Interventions using Telephone and Web-based Technologies to the Health and Ambulance Services Commitee for consideration. A key aim of the inquiry was to find evidence for the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of health coaching interventions to increase physical activity, improve nutrition and reduce weight.
The present report covers telephone and web-based coaching interventions for increasing physical activity, improving nutrition and reducing weight; using telephone and web-based technologies. It focuses on the following areas.
- Evidence for the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of health coaching interventions to increase physical activity, improve nutrition and reduce weight
- Current interventions in Queensland
- Experience in other jurisdictions
- Recommendations for success
- Potential opportunities for collaboration and cooperation
To access the report click here.
Authors from Queensland University of Technology:
- Professor Rebekah Russell-Bennett
- Professor Judy Drennan
- Rory Mulcahy
- Associate Professor Daniel Johnson
- Professor Marcus Foth, Professor Neil King
Publisher: Government of Queensland (Health and Ambulance Services Committee)